The City Treasurer manages the financial accounts of the City using standard accounting procedures. The City Treasurer works with the City Council and department heads to help prepare the annual budget. Throughout the year, the City Treasurer supervises revenues and expenditires to help keep the City on budget. Below are some of the responsibilities of the City Treasurer:
- Process checks for disbursement.
- Reconcile funds and bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Attend training sessions as required or allowed.
- Prepare a monthly Treasurer's Report to be distributed to the City Council.
- Attend City Council meetings as required.
- Accept utility payments.
- Deposit City funds into the proper City accounts.